Re: The big MySQL spin - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: The big MySQL spin
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > What I find fascinating is how MySQL manages to declare how autocratic they
> > are, and make it seem like a good thing.
>
> OMG.  Quotes like this just make me want to vomit:
>
> "While something like PostgreSQL or Berkeley DB are straight
> democracies," he explained, "MySQL -- and JBoss, to an extent -- are
> more akin to representative democracies, such we have here in the U.S.
> It's more efficient over the long haul."

They are trying to respond to our strengths.  It hasn't helped them in
the past, and it will not this time either.  The idea that we are a
democracy comes right out of my "Adoption and Trends" talk which is on
my web site and was presented in Paris recently.