Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date
Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth  ("Guido Barosio" <gbarosio@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
"Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail@wars-nicht.de> writes:

> We have around 9 slots to fill, a bit more, if we have some 15 min
> talks. Update me please, if you want to give another talk.

Will MySQL be there? I wonder if we could get someone from each side and do a
MySQL v Postgres shootout. Perhaps in the form of some kind of academic debate
or something with 30s per side back and forth...

It would be terrible from a traditional marketing point of view (it would end
up being mostly "look at all the terrible things the other guy does"). But I'm
sure it would be a crowd pleaser and it's the kind of thing Open Source can do
openly in good humour that proprietary software does with malice behind closed
doors.

--
  Gregory Stark