Re: Miscellaneous tab completion issue fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Subject Re: Miscellaneous tab completion issue fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> There were a couple of tab completion issues present:
> a) \dRp and \dRs tab completion displays tables instead of displaying
> publications and subscriptions.
> b) "ALTER ... OWNER TO" does not include displaying of CURRENT_ROLE,
> CURRENT_USER and SESSION_USER.
>
> The attached patch has the changes to handle the same.

Good catches! Just a few comments:

> +    else if (TailMatchesCS("\\dRp*"))
> +        COMPLETE_WITH_QUERY(Query_for_list_of_publications[0].query);
> +    else if (TailMatchesCS("\\dRs*"))
> +        COMPLETE_WITH_QUERY(Query_for_list_of_subscriptions[0].query);

These are version-specific queries, so should be passed in their
entirety to COMPLETE_WITH_VERSIONED_QUERY() so that psql can pick the
right version, and avoid sending the query at all if the server is too
old.

> +/* add these to Query_for_list_of_roles in OWNER TO contexts */
> +#define Keywords_for_list_of_owner_to_roles \
> +"CURRENT_ROLE", "CURRENT_USER", "SESSION_USER"

I think this would read better without the TO, both in the comment and
the constant name, similar to the below only having GRANT without TO:

>  /* add these to Query_for_list_of_roles in GRANT contexts */
>  #define Keywords_for_list_of_grant_roles \
>  "PUBLIC", "CURRENT_ROLE", "CURRENT_USER", "SESSION_USER"

- ilmari