Re: Changing max size of attribute names. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Changing max size of attribute names.
Date
List pgsql-general
Benjamin Scherrey <postgres@proteus-tech.com> writes:
> Is it fairly safe to assume that databases running under 7.3b3 will
> not have to be reloaded when 7.3 goes into final release?

Unfortunately not -- beta4 will require an initdb and a reload, due to
a change in the system catalog format. However, beta4 should be out
very soon...

> Also, is there an expected timeframe for the 7.3 release yet?

When It's Ready :-)

I believe RC1 is planned after beta4, so it should be fairly soon.

Cheers,

Neil