Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Date
Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
List pgsql-hackers
"Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:

> Hmm, it looks like the race condition Heikki mentioned is the culprit.
> We need a way to stop future analyzes from starting.  Back to the
> drawing board ...

A crazy idea I just had -- what if you roll this into the deadlock check? So
after waiting on the lock for 1s it wakes up, finds that the holder it's
waiting on is an autovacuum process and cancels it instead of finding no
deadlock.