Re: ignore_system_indexes affects DROP SCHEMA ... CASCADE reported number of objects dropped - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: ignore_system_indexes affects DROP SCHEMA ... CASCADE reported number of objects dropped
Date
List pgsql-hackers

 Peter> There are a couple of other odd things that look related, such
 Peter> as this extract from the triggers.out section of my
 Peter> regression.diffs:

That one is pretty obvious (from RelationBuildTriggers):

     * Note: since we scan the triggers using TriggerRelidNameIndexId, we will
     * be reading the triggers in name order, except possibly during
     * emergency-recovery operations (ie, IgnoreSystemIndexes). This in turn
     * ensures that triggers will be fired in name order.

Nothing in the code attempts to preserve the order of trigger firing in
the ignore_system_indexes=on case.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)