Re: log_error_verbosity function display - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: log_error_verbosity function display
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Right now, log_error_verbosity displays the source code error location
> in this format:

>     LOCATION:  parserOpenTable, parse_relation.c:858

> I think it would be clearer to add '()' next to the function name.  We
> use '() to display function names in our docs and I think using '()'
> would clarify the output, e.g.:

>     LOCATION:  parserOpenTable(), parse_relation.c:858

Seems like a waste of log space to me.  The convention about writing ()
to decorate function names is hardly universal, and anyway it's mainly
useful to mark things that the reader might not realize are function
names.  This can't be anything else.