Re: CREATE INDEX ... ONLINE - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX ... ONLINE
Date
List pgsql-patches
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>
> > Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> > > Updated patch. Fixed a few minor things, added documentation and regression
> > > tests. Unfortunately I can't test the regression tests because I get a
> > > segmentation fault earlier in the same file due to a GIN index build. So I
> > > haven't updated the "expected" output.
> >
> > What's the status of this patch --- have you done anything more with it
> > since the 13-Jul submission?
>
> I haven't done anything. I was mostly waiting until I got some feedback about
> the code quality. I figured if there were parts that had to be reworked or
> fixed up I would prefer to do that first before worrying about perfecting
> details which is all that I believe remain.

Just remembered one open question I had. I'm not clear what to do with the
index statistics. It may be that the current code is basically the right thing
-- it leaves the statistics as they are after phase 1, ie after the regular
index build before we go through looking for newly added tuples.

--
  Gregory Stark