Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: No longer possible to query catalogs for index capabilities?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Building on the has-property approach Andrew suggested, I wonder if>>> we need something like
pg_index_column_has_property(indexoid,colno,>>> propertyname) with properties like "sortable", "desc", "nulls first".>>
>>This seems simple enough, on the surface.  Why not run with this design?

Kevin> Andrew's patch, plus this, covers everything I can think of.

Where'd be a good place to put that function? ruleutils? catalog/index.c ?

(ruleutils is way too big already)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)