Re: BUG #15378: SP-GIST memory context screwup? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #15378: SP-GIST memory context screwup?
Date
List pgsql-bugs

 >> So this logic was added in ccd6eb49a and was wrong from the start.
 >> Testing suggests that removing the offending pfree does indeed fix
 >> the issue; any objections?

 Alexander> No objections from me. What about moving
 Alexander> MemoryContextReset(so->traversalCxt) into
 Alexander> resetSpGistScanOpaque()? For me it seems that resetting of
 Alexander> traversal memory context is part of opaque reset.

Looking at all those retail pfrees makes me itch... is there some reason
why reconstructedValue couldn't go in the traversal context too, and
then the list nodes could go there as well, and the whole thing freed
with a context reset?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)