Re: GiST, Not Using Index - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Itai Zukerman
Subject Re: GiST, Not Using Index
Date
List pgsql-sql
>>   [...some definitions...]
>
> Never leave out the "unimportant" stuff --- that's usually where you
> went wrong ;-)

OK, I've attached below the SQL I use to generate stuff and an
interactive session with the "explain" etc.  The table has 40000 rows,
I do a VACUUM before doing a select, and (what I really don't
understand) the "explain verbose" doesn't mention anything about an index.

> My guess is that you didn't supply a restriction selectivity estimator
> for the ~>= operator.

I'm using contsel and contjoinsel, which I pulled from the rtree_gist
example.

Anyway, hoping you can help...

--
Itai Zukerman  <http://www.math-hat.com/~zukerman/>