Re: Scan Keys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Scan Keys
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> The info you need is in the operator class. In a sense you do need to
> know the type of index you're scanning, not all indexes use the same
> strategy numbers.

Well what was tripping me up was figuring out the operator class. I just
realized it's in the index's Relation object.

But yes what you describe is really a problem. Even given the operator class
there's no way for me to know which strategy number to pick. There might not
be any strategy number for equals in which case I'm in trouble.

--
greg