Re: database files are incompatible with server, after - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas McNaught
Subject Re: database files are incompatible with server, after
Date
List pgsql-general
CSN <cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com> writes:

> I don't know which to run now! I tried both
> '/opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin/pg_ctl start -D pgdata' and

You might want an absolute path for 'pgdata' here--have you tried
that?

> putting /opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin before
> /usr/local/bin in PATH and still get the same error.

Why don't you run both pg_ctl binaries with the --version option, then
compare against the pg_control file in the data directory (I think
that's what it's called).  That should hopeully tell you which one to
run.

> Is there some way to specify HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP to
> pg_ctl or just export what's in the existing pgdata
> and initdb a new dir and import?

You need to have the server running to export.  :)

I'm pretty sure you can get it running; you just haven't tried the
right way yet.

-Doug