Re: database files are incompatible with server, after computer restart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject Re: database files are incompatible with server, after computer restart
Date
List pgsql-general

http://www.robbyonrails.com/articles/2006/05/29/install-ruby-rails-and-postgresql-on-osx

> > But looking around, I see there's a pg_ctl in
> > /usr/local/bin, but 'port contents postgresql8'
> shows
> > a pg_ctl in /opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin.
>
> Which one are you intending to run, and which one is
> first in the
> PATH?
>
> -Doug

I don't know which to run now! I tried both
'/opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin/pg_ctl start -D pgdata' and
putting /opt/local/lib/pgsql8/bin before
/usr/local/bin in PATH and still get the same error.

Is there some way to specify HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP to
pg_ctl or just export what's in the existing pgdata
and initdb a new dir and import?

Thanks,
csn