Re: Commercial support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Sallings
Subject Re: Commercial support?
Date
Support contracts (was Re: Commercial support?)  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, Aug 12, 2003, at 09:55 US/Pacific, Al Hulaton wrote:

> That's something we do here at Command Prompt. Phone number's below or
> there's the guaranteed 4 hour response time form we have on our
> website.

    We're looking at various databases for production use in our product
and pricing the various solutions.  My personal preference is postgres,
but we're also looking at Oracle and Sybase at this point.  One thing
we get from them that we do not get from postgres is a support
contract.  It's the general political CYA thing.  If something breaks
and we can't figure out what it is, we need someone who can come in and
make it better.

    What we do not need at this point is any type of implementation
assistance.  We pretty much know what we're doing, but management
always likes to assume the people whose salaries they pay aren't
capable of doing their jobs.  :)

--
Dustin Sallings
408.321.1409