Re: A qsort template - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A qsort template
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, well it was only recently damaged by commit def5b065, and that's
> because I'd forgotten to put ST_ELEMENT_TYPE into typedefs.list, and I
> was correcting that in this patch.

If ST_ELEMENT_TYPE isn't recognized as a typedef by the buildfarm's
typedef collectors, this sort of manual addition to typedefs.list
is not going to survive the next pgindent run.  No, I will NOT
promise to manually add it back every time.

We do already have special provision for injecting additional typedefs
in the pgindent script, so one possibility is to add it there:

-my @additional = ("bool\n");
+my @additional = ("bool\nST_ELEMENT_TYPE\n");

On the whole I'm not sure that this is a big enough formatting
issue to justify a special hack, though.  Is there any more than
the one line that gets misformatted?