Re: how to use plpgsql ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tolik@aaanet.ru (Anatoly K. Lasareff)
Subject Re: how to use plpgsql ?
Date
List pgsql-general

 JH> Hi,
 JH> I just installed ver.7.0.2 on Solaris2.7 and start experimenting.
 JH> But I was wondering how to use PL/pgSQL ?
 JH> I followed the examples on the documentation but it doesn't work.
 JH> Do I have to do createlang plpgsql ?
 JH> How to load PL/pgSQL ? I installed the source as in the INSTALL
 JH> file says.

 JH> Thanks in advance.

 JH> p.s.: please forward the answer directly to my email address.

Yes, you have do 'createlang plpgsql' command. After installation you
have 'C' and 'sql' languages only. 'createlanguage' command creates
language handler and language itself - like examples in doc.

--
Anatoly K. Lasareff              Email:       tolik@aaanet.ru