Re: Postgre RAISE NOTICE and PHP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: Postgre RAISE NOTICE and PHP
Date
List pgsql-general

Andre> I'm developing a function with some checks, for example... to check if the
Andre> e-mail is valid or not.

How are you hoping to do this?  The regex to validate an email
address syntactically is pretty large:

  http://ex-parrot.com/~pdw/Mail-RFC822-Address.html

And no, I'm not kidding.  If your regex is smaller than that, you aren't
validating email... you're validating something "kinda like email".

For example, <fred&barney@stonehenge.com> is a valid email address.  (Go
ahead, try it... it has an autoresponder.)