Re: dumping table contents in a sensible order - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: dumping table contents in a sensible order
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a database that I want to dump three tables from, for use in
> development. They form a subset of the data, so I was dumping like
> this:
>
> pg_dump thedatabase --inserts -t table_one -t depends_on_table_one -t
> depends_on_previous_two > dump.sql
>
> However, when I try to load this using the following:
>
> psql thedatabase_dev < dump.sql
>
> I get the following:
>
> SET
> ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "lock_timeout"

You are using a higher version numbered pg_dump than the target system.

For best results...

origin-systemversion <= target-system-version
pg-dump-version == target-system-version

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting