Re: Moving a table to another directory - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ezequiel Luis Pellettieri
Subject Re: Moving a table to another directory
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jaime you mean that moving all table files and pointing the symlink to the first one will work?
and doing the same with its index too...?

thanks for your help!

pelle.-

On 2/5/07, Ezequiel Luis Pellettieri < ezequiel.pellettieri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Milen, does it work on 7.4??

oops... your symlink will be ok... use the contrib oid2name to
identify the files corresponding to that table... and maybe the
indexes as well...

what i remember from the ancient era pre-tablespace (2 or 3 years ago)
is that a pg_dump and/or reindex will return all to it's original
state...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning."
                                       Richard Cook

--
Saludos cordiales. Ezequiel L. Pellettieri