Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jordan Gigov <coladict@gmail.com> writes:
> But why should a superuser need the ACL to be applied before being allowed
> access? If you make the permission-checking function check if the user is a
> superuser before looking for per-user grants, wouldn't that solve the issue?

The superuser's permissions are not relevant, because the materialized
view is run with the permissions of its owner, not the superuser.
We are not going to consider changing that, either, because it would open
trivial-to-exploit security holes (any user could set up a trojan horse
matview and just wait for the next pg_upgrade or dump/restore).