Re: A 2 phase commit weirdness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A 2 phase commit weirdness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl> writes:
> But at awakening, the user will get this:
> ERROR:  relation 66002 deleted while still in use
> This is ugly -- I don't think there is a way to get out of it.

There had better be a way, since (I suppose) the ERROR is preventing the
commit from succeeding ...

> Unrelated question: is it intended that the prepared transactions are
> visible cross-database through pg_prepared_xacts?

That is a good question.  Can a backend running in a different database
execute the COMMIT (or ROLLBACK)?  Offhand I'd bet that will not work,
which suggests we'd better make the view per-database.  [ thinks a bit
more... ]  We might be able to make it work, but there seems like a lot
of potential for bugs/fragility there.  Might be best to take the narrow
definition to start with.