Re: Clobbered parameter names via DECLARE in PL/PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Clobbered parameter names via DECLARE in PL/PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> We can raise warning from CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION - but I would to
> like have plpgsql_check_function inside core - and it is better place
> for this and similar issues.

I agree.  This is a perfectly legal use of nested declaration scopes,
so it would be totally inappropriate to complain about it in normal
use of a plpgsql function.  On the other hand, it would probably be
sane and useful for CHECK FUNCTION to flag any case where an inner
declaration shadows an outer-scope name (not only the specific case
of topmost block vs function parameter).