Re: Code checks for App Devs, using new options for transaction behavior - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: Code checks for App Devs, using new options for transaction behavior
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Op 27-10-2022 om 18:35 schreef Simon Riggs:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 at 12:09, Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> Comments please
>
> Update from patch tester results.
>

 > [001_psql_parse_only.v1.patch     ]
 > [002_nested_xacts.v7.patch        ]
 > [003_rollback_on_commit.v1.patch  ]
 > [004_add_params_to_sample.v1.patch]

patch 002 has (2x) :
   'transction'  should be
   'transaction'

also in patch 002:
   'at any level will be abort'  should be
   'at any level will abort'

I also dislike the 'we' in

   'Once we reach the top-level transaction,'

That seems a bit too much like the 'we developers working together to
make a database server system' which is of course used often and
usefully on this mailinglist and in code itself.  But I think
user-facing docs should be careful with that team-building 'we'.  I
remember well how it confused me, many years ago.  Better, IMHO:

   'Once the top-level transaction is reached,'

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers