returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Adams
Subject returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure
Date
Re: returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

I noticed in postgres you cannot return multiple result sets from a stored procedure (surprisingly as it looks like a very good dbms).

I would like to suggest adding this feature.

- It is very usefull

- It is supported by all other dbmss I have worked with.

- makes porting applications to postgres very difficult (we have used this feature in our stored procedures and now there is no easy way of porting to postgres)

Thanks and we are waiting