Re: database postgres not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Wienhold
Subject Re: database postgres not found
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 01/02/2023 11:33 CET Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I've a problem with a PostgreSQL 12.x server not setup or managed by me. that
> the database 'postgres' is not found:
>
> $ psql -Upostgres postgres
> psql: error: ERROR:  no such database: postgres
>
> but the database is there as a SELECT shows:
>
> $ psql -Upostgres lbs_lbsoclc01_dev_r1
> psql (12.11)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> lbs_lbsoclc01_dev_r1=# select * from pg_database where datname = 'postgres' ;
>   oid  | datname  | datdba | encoding | datcollate  |  datctype   | datistemplate | datallowconn | datconnlimit |
datlastsysoid| datfrozenxid | datminmxid | dattablespace | datacl

>  14344 | postgres |     10 |        6 | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | f             | t            |           -1 |
   14343 |          479 |          1 |          1663 |

> (1 row)
>
> What does this mean?

Error message "no such database: postgres" is not from Postgres but likely from
PgBouncer.  This means the database is not configured in PgBouncer for clients
to connect to.

--
Erik