Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3b3 passes on MacOSX 10.2.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Bierman <bierman@apple.com> writes:
> At 1:30 AM -0500 11/1/02, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is it worth carrying two expected files for OS X 10.1 and 10.2?  I'm
>> inclined to think not, and am leaning towards updating the expected
>> file.  Comments?

> I'm 90% certain that the difference is caused by GCC 2.95 vs 3.1.

Probably.

> If you can easily pick the right file based which GCC compiled it, that'd be ideal.

No, we can't easily do that.  We could conditionalize it on the OS
version, but I don't think it's worth the trouble.  I've committed a
change to the expected file so that OSX 10.2 will pass cleanly, and
older versions will have the one-digit difference instead.

This whole issue should go away in PG 7.4, unless someone objects to the
current plan for making float output precision adjustable.  We'll back
off the number of displayed digits in the geometry test by one or two
places, and hopefully need only one or a very few geometry comparison
files.