Re: plpython function problem workaround - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date
List pgsql-general
Marco Colombo <pgsql@esiway.net> writes:
> Right now I'm parsing the string first, changing the resulting
> parse tree adding missing nodes (def, INDENT, DEINDENT) and
> then compiling it.

Hmmm ... is this really going to be simpler or more robust than lexing
the string carefully enough to insert tabs at the right places?  The
impression I had so far was that you'd only need to understand about
Python's string-literal conventions to get that right ... and that's
something that's not likely to change.  I'm not so sure that parse
trees can be regarded as an immutable API.

            regards, tom lane