Re: Obsolete or dead serverconnections after reboot - Mailing list pgsql-general

From WR
Subject Re: Obsolete or dead serverconnections after reboot
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Ninad Shah,

I think, nobody holds the connections, because the state is idle. But
I'm not shure what means: the connection is idle.

One interesting fact was: when I dont stop the psql commandline on the
client (and dont start another query, wht ends up in a connection reset,
while the server is down), psql uses the same connection after reboot
and the state goes from idle back to active.

So there are two questions: what will happen to idle connctions after a
while, if the client doesnt exist anymore.
And is this desired behavior, the the postgres-Server-Service does not a
shutdown on reboot on windows. (seem my mail to Vijaykumar Jain)

Thanks you, Greeting from germany,
Wolfgang

--
May the source be with you