Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Accessing DB2 tables from postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27/06/2017 13:11, Swapnil Vaze wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to access few table present in DB2 LUW from postgres9.5 database.

I have installed unixODBC driver and connection to DB2 is working fine.
I have installed CartoDB/odbc_fdw foreign data wrappers.
I have user below commands to create foreign table:
$ create extension odbc_fdw;
$ CREATE USER MAPPING FOR postgres SERVER odbc_server_db2 options(odbc_UID '<username>', odbc_PWD '<password>');
$ CREATE FOREIGN TABLE odbc_table (CTGRY_ID INTEGER, CTGRY_CD VARCHAR(10),UPDT_TS TIMESTAMP) SERVER odbc_server_db2 OPTIONS (database 'TESTV9', schema 'schema1', table 'table1' );

You have omitted the CREATE SERVER command. Can you query the mainframe using isql ?

All commands work fine, however when I try to select data from table it throws error:
$ select * from odbc_table;
ERROR:  Executing ODBC query

Can anyone help me here?
How can I access DB2 LUW or zOS database tables from postgres?

I used to work with MVS many years ago. Good luck with your project.
For better diagnosis open all logs in both machines (postgresql, odbc, MVS, DB2) and have a detailed view on them.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Swapnil Vaze

--