Re: Quad Opteron stuck in the mud - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dan Harris
Subject Re: Quad Opteron stuck in the mud
Date
Re: Quad Opteron stuck in the mud  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-performance
On Jul 13, 2005, at 1:11 PM, John A Meinel wrote:

> I might be wrong, but there may be something much more substantially
> wrong than slow i/o.
> John

Yes, I'm afraid of that too.  I just don't know what tools I should
use to figure that out.  I have some 20 other databases on this
system, same schema but varying sizes, and the small ones perform
very well.  It feels like there is an O(n) increase in wait time that
has recently become very noticeable on the largest of them.

-Dan