Looking for way to connect applet to remote database - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Glenn_Wiens@via-christi.org
Subject Looking for way to connect applet to remote database
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Hi --

As I understand it, my applet (which is served up by my web server) cannot
legally connect to my database (which is running on a different server than my
web server). What I think I need is some sort of process running in background
which would proxy my applet's jdbc requests to my remote postgresql database.

As a point of reference, I have an Oracle database which comes with a Connection
Manager which seems to enable this sort of behavior. I have searched the
postgresql mail archives but I haven't been able to locate this here. Does
anyone know of something like this?

Thanks,

Glenn