Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete
Date
Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete  (Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If you just unconditionally flush there, it will result in an extra
>> network message in the normal case where there's not another query
>> to do. �The current code is designed not to flush until it sends
>> ReadyForQuery.

> yeah, I was looking at that.  I don't see an easy way to test if there
> is another query waiting to execute right there.  Maybe a
> documentation patch is in order :-).

dest.c doesn't have the info available.  I think that to do this, we'd
need to move the responsibility for calling pq_flush out to postgres.c.
Not sure if it's worth it.

            regards, tom lane