Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mohamed
Subject Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you for you detailed answer. I have learned alot more about this stuff now :)

As I see it accordingly to the results it's between Hunspell and Aspell. My Aspell version is 0.6 released 2006. The Hunspell was released in 2008.

When I run the Postgres command \dFt I get the following list :
  • ispell
  • simple
  • snowball
  • synonym
  • thesaurus

So I set up my dictionary with the ispell as a template and Hunspell/Aspell files. Now I just have one decision to make :)

Just another thing:
If you want to support multiple language dictionaries for a single table, with each row associated to its own dictionary

Not really, since the two languages don't overlap, couldn't I set up two separate dictionaries and index against both on the whole table ? I think that's what Oleg was refering to. Not sure...

Thanks for all the help / Moe

Ps. I can't read Arabic so I can't have a look on the files to decide :O