Re: message contents do not agree with length in message type "T" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: message contents do not agree with length in message type "T"
Date
List pgsql-general
"Mike" <mike@mrhost.ca> writes:
> I'm using the libpq interface to PostgreSQL (8.3.0) in one of our apps, and
> I'm having a sporadic issue with receiving the error message:
> message contents do not agree with length in message type "T" server sent
> data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)

The messages you're getting all mean that libpq has gotten out of sync
with the traffic that it's receiving from the server.  Now you might
have discovered some fascinating new bug in either libpq or the server,
but most of the reports like this that we've seen before have been
because someone tried to use libpq in a multi-threaded application
without sufficient interlocks to keep multiple threads from using the
same PGconn concurrently.  If your app has more than one thread then
please look at that closely.  If not, please see if you can put together
a test case ...

            regards, tom lane