Re: removing global variable ThisTimeLineID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: removing global variable ThisTimeLineID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/8/21 6:49 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 8:27 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I went through and it seems to be OK: all the existing callers of
> that function first verify that we're not in recovery. The patch to
> make logical decoding work in standby mode might change that,

Indeed, I think the logical decoding on standby patch just needs to
change the Assert in GetWALInsertionTimeLine() to check
SharedRecoveryState is RECOVERY_STATE_DONE or RECOVERY_STATE_ARCHIVE.

Would that make sense from your point of view to add the check on
RECOVERY_STATE_ARCHIVE or do you think it would need to be more
"sophisticated"?

Thanks

Bertrand