Re: Add standard collation UNICODE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Add standard collation UNICODE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2023-03-05 at 08:27 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> It's created for UTF-8 only, and UTF-8 sorts the same way as the
> encoded code points, when interpreted as a sequence of unsigned char
> by memcmp(), strcmp() etc.  Seems right?

Right, makes sense.

Though in principle, shouldn't someone using another encoding also be
able to use ucs_basic? I'm not sure if that's a practical problem or
not; I'm just curious. Does ICU provide a locale for sorting by code
point?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis