Re: Periodically slow inserts - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Leonardo Francalanci
Subject Re: Periodically slow inserts
Date
List pgsql-performance
> We are  using PostgreSQL for  storing data and  full-text  search indexes
> for the webiste of a daily newspaper. We are  very happy overall with the
> results, but we have one "weird" behaviour that  we would like to solve.

I think there's a lot of missing info worth knowing:

1) checkpoints logs? Enable them, maybe the "slowness" happens
at checkpoints:

log_checkpoints=true

2) How many rows does each table contain?

3) HW: how many discs you have, and which controller you're using (and:
does it use a BBU?)

The more you tell the list, the better help you'll get...