RE: [pgAdmin-hackers] PL/pgSQL IDE project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject RE: [pgAdmin-hackers] PL/pgSQL IDE project
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi Jean-Michel,

Sounds great. My only concern is that you consider the way different code
has already been implemented in pgAdmin eg:

1) Any server side objects (SSOs) such as tables, functions or views should
be prefixed 'pgadmin_'. There is a mechanism in place in basSQL.bas which
will autorepair/upgrade SSOs. In the case of upgrades there is an SSO
version number stored in basGlobal.bas. If this doesn't match the version
number in the pgadmin_param table then an upgrade will occur.

2) Use the same error handling that is already implemented elsewhere.

Where applicable, be sure to reuse existing code like the SQL Wizard - no
point in writing another one!

Good luck,

Regards, Dave.