RE: [INTERFACES] Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Dave Page
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

<Snip>

> After looking at it again, I'm not sure if it is a problem with the
> colon. The "?" in the statement looks supicious (itis near the
> 'where'
> stated in the error message). AFAIK ODBC does allow binding of
> variables
> (bind variable, bound expresion) and DBTools uses this. Is the "?"
> legal
> at this point (it references the value bound to a variable) or is it
> error?
>
> Perhaps it is a problem with the ODBC driver settings?

I am sure that the ? is the problem. I've never heard of binding variables
with ODBC, but then I'm not an ODBC expert - I tend to let ADO/DAO deal with
that side of things!

Perhaps Byron or someone else can provide a definate answer?

Regards,
Dave.
--
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk (Work)