Re: Delete large amount of records and INSERT (with indexes) goes VERY slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Delete large amount of records and INSERT (with indexes) goes VERY slow
Date
List pgsql-general
> But he _is_ getting good performance for SELECT, so the plans are not
> that bad.  Only insertion is slow.  Can this be related to the btree
> index bloating issue you fixed on january?

I don't think so.  He's reimporting the same data he had, so the range
of index entries should have been the same; no reason to expect index
bloat.

Info about the physical size of the index before and after rebuilding
(eg, VACUUM VERBOSE output) would have proved it one way or the other,
but we haven't got that.

            regards, tom lane