bug? import foreign schema forgets to import column description - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject bug? import foreign schema forgets to import column description
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Using  IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA  I notice that the column descriptions of
the remote tables are not taken along to the imported schema.  I am
usgin postgres_fdw to 'import' a schema with foreign tables (but the
same omission happens with ordinary tables as well).

This is a bug, no?  Surely the description strings  should be available
at the receiving end.

Do you agree this is an oversight that should be fixed?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers