Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WAL: O_DIRECT and multipage-writer (+ memory
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> BTW, I found memory leak in BootStrapXLOG(). The buffer allocated by malloc()
>> is not free()ed. ISSUE_BOOTSTRAP_MEMORYLEAK in this patch points out it.
>> (But this leak is not serious, because this function is called only once.)

> Does the following patch fix the memory leak you described?

You realize this is a waste of code, no?  It's not like the bootstrap
subprocess frees every single bit of memory it ever allocates, and even
less like it'd be profitable to try to make it do so ... the memory
will go away anyway when the subprocess exits.

            regards, tom lane