Re: error "11" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dave_Pfaltzgraff@patapsco.com
Subject Re: error "11"
Date
List pgsql-novice

Dave Pfaltzgraff@PATAPSCO
12/22/2000 08:31 AM

The log entry:
>Server process (pid 18539) exited with status 11 at Thu Dec 21 16:45:54 2000

would indicate to me that you may have memory problems. I saw this on an older
machine that I was trying to compile the kernel. Through many tries and digging,
I found that signal 11 is generally indicative of a memory problem. I was
finally convinced when I replaced the memory and made sure that bus speed was
set accordingly and the problem went away.

Since you're in a different environment, your status may have a different
meaning. (YMMV)