New user question -- alternate programmer interfaces? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carl Alexander
Subject New user question -- alternate programmer interfaces?
Date
List pgsql-general
To make a long story short, I've recently been learning PostgreSQL
(and SQL in general) in a sort of trial-by-fire fashion.  I copied
the .pdf of Bruce Momjian's book onto my iBook and hacked out some
code while I was traveling on business for a couple of weeks,
largely without benefit of connectivity to a host where I could
test things.  Now I have about 1000 lines of doubtless very buggy
code --- and I don't see any way to feed it to PostgreSQL for
parsing other than to copy and paste into psql.  (Aside from the
obvious frustrations, psql seems to lock up whenever I paste more
than about 15 lines of code into it.)

Obviously I'm missing something.  I assume there's a emacs mode for
interacting with PostgreSQL from within emacs?  Or at least some
way to feed PostgreSQL a text file of code and have it spit back
debugging info?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!