Error inserting row on unique key - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Benjamin Krajmalnik
Subject Error inserting row on unique key
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have a large table which uses a sequence for column which is defined as the primary key.
Our systems is a real time data acquisition system, so we have "insert" statements going through it wrapped inside
storedprocedure.

Every once in a while I get an inserio error on a violation of a unique constraint on the primary key.
Could this be caused by a subsequent call to the stored procedure which took place before the sequence on the prior
storedprocedure fired?
If so, do you recommend taking the call to the sequence out of the columns constraint definition and manually calling
itas the firs step in the SP call?

As I said, this does not happen very often, but I have seen it happen.

Regards,

Benjamin