Re: New Access Method - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alan Gatt
Subject Re: New Access Method
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Also, any pointers where I can find the operator classes and functions for the GIST index?

Thanks

On 04/03/07, Alan Gatt < alangatt@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, so I am using GCC 3.2 as a compiler, and the following is the error message:

make[4]: Entering directory `/c/dev/postgres/pgsql_tip/src/backend/access/mdim'
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -g -I../../../../src/include -I./src/include/port/win32 -DEXEC_BACKEND  "-I../../../../src/include/port/win32" -DBUILDING_DLL  -c -o mdim.o mdim.c

make[4]: *** [mdim.o] Error 3
make[4]: Target `SUBSYS.o' not remade because of errors.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/dev/postgres/pgsql_tip/src/backend/access/mdim'
make[3]: *** [mdim-recursive] Error 2

If I choose the GIST development, do you know of any documentation which can help me?

Thanks,
Alan

On 04/03/07, Alvaro Herrera < alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Alan Gatt escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a new index which is multidimensional (based on
> R-Tree) which can be used for data warehosuing. I have read the Developers'
> manual about adding new indexes, and now I want to start coding the new

Have you considered coding it using the GiST infrastructure?  Should be
much easier, and automatically give crash safety, concurrency, and a
shorter development time.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                 http://www.CommandPrompt.com/