Re: Insert images through ASP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dylan Milks
Subject Re: Insert images through ASP
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using VB Script (ASP), ODBC and preferably I'd like to use the BYTEA field. I can get it to work using an OID data
type,but I'd like to see about BYTEA.

I'm using Postgres 7.3

Thanks in advance.

- Dylan

        -----Original Message-----
        From: mike g [mailto:mike@thegodshalls.com]
        Sent: Fri 7/16/2004 11:07 PM
        To: Dylan Milks
        Cc: PostgreSQL (E-mail)
        Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Insert images through ASP

        Hi,

        I think you will need to be more specific to what scripting language you
        are attempting to use, which blob data type is being used in the db(lo
        or bytea), and possibly the database driver used (odbc / .net)
        to get a response from the community.

        Mike
        On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 08:21, Dylan Milks wrote:
        > I'm just wondering if anyone has ever inserted images into a Postgres
        > DB through ASP. If so, could you please give me a snippet of code to
        > show me how to do it. I can't seem to get it working.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > - Dylan Milks

        > This communication, including its attachments, if any, is intended
        > solely for the recipient; it is confidential and may contain personal
        > or private information, or proprietary and/or privileged material. As
        > such, any unauthorized use, retention, copying, disclosure or other
        > distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action in
        > reliance on its contents
        > is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
        > error, please notify us immediately and delete this communication (and
        > any attachments.)

        TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

      joining column's datatypes do not match