Re: pg_dump/pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump/pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Sergio Gabriel Rodriguez" <sgrodriguez@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm using postgresql 7.4, I have a problem with pg_dump/pg_restore. I
> want to back and restore only one schema from my db (I did it), but
> when I restore it, postgresql found errors in some views, this ones
> needs of others which can't be found because the script will generate
> them later. How can I make an orderer sql dump???

Switch to a newer PG version.  If memory serves, 8.0 was the first
version in which pg_dump paid attention to dependencies rather than just
the order of original creation of views.  In 7.x it wasn't hard to
cause problems by doing CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW.

            regards, tom lane