Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior mightbe changed in the future or not - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Egashira, Yusuke
Subject Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior mightbe changed in the future or not
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a question about array_to_string().
I think array_to_string() concatenates always array elements from the "beginning" of the array elements and this rule
willnot be changed on the future minor releases.

Is my understanding correct?

For example, I understand that array_to_string() "never" output like following result now and in the future, is my
understandingcorrect?

[Example] -> array_to_string(ARRAY[1, 2, 3, NULL, 5], ',', '*')
[Result]  -> 2,1,3,*,5

Currently I use PostgreSQL 9.5.

Regards,

--